Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!

It's 6:16pm I'm having a 50 and getting ready to head to the Legion for New Year's celebrations. It should be a very unique experience. I'm in northern Canada, it's been dark for the last 4 hours and I'm having a steak dinner at the Royal Canadian Legion followed by dancing and ringing in 2007.

The weather was beautiful today and so we walked around town and went to the grocery store. The grocery store was insane and reminded me a lot of a trip to the UK when you realize that everything is insanely expensive and that it's best to just not think about. We bought a ton of food, but decided to walk home. Iqaluit has a lot of hills and before we got too far our arms were sore. We debated taking a cab, but realized that it would be $10 and no exercise. We stopped at the Arctic Ventures and picked up a sled. We (read: I) thought that it would be better to save the ten dollars on a cab when I could spend it on something more tangible. There isn't a lot of opportunity for exercise here. Running is out of the question and I wasn't able to bring my cross-country skis. When you can only go outside for short periods at a time, it's easy to miss out on exercise.

That said, I'm off to the legion and ready to ring in 2007. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter