Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Still Kickin'

I have had several pleas for my return to the blogosphere. I'm not sure if they really care one way or the other or if they simply like to laugh at all the stupid stuff that I do and have qualms about telling the world.

Today is the anniversary of my mother's death and I watched 5 episodes of Six Feet Under. I was sad, but I talked to my Dad and my sister and spent most of the day relaxing and thinking about things. My life has changed so much in the last year. I'm sad about my Mom, but I am happy.

It was a beautiful day here today. It was -12 with no wind. We went out to the grocery store and were pleased to discover that they had a special promotion. Each customer received a brown paper bag. All the groceries that you could put in the bag were 15% off. We saved $18.85 which was a nice surprise. It was nice to be outside walking and enjoying the nice weather. One of these weekends we're going to get out on the land and do some skidooing. It would have been amazing today, but our friend with w sled was working on a play that opens tonight so we couldn't do it today. Maybe next weekend.

We had two blizzard days this week. A blizzard here is quite different from blizzards in the south. It's so cold here that fresh snow doesn't stick and so if the winds are high the snow just blows around. On Tuesday, the winds were gusting up to 90 km/hour and so the visibility was about 5 metres. It's very dangerous to go outside because you can get lost so easily and if you get into trouble you could easily freeze to death, so people just stay indoors and wait the blizzards out. I have been told repeatedly that Iqaluit is not known for its blizzards, and that places like Igloolik, and Arviat have blizzards that have 1 metre of visibility and last for 6 days.

So things are about the same with me. I will try to make time to blog, but I've been a little gunshy lately.

1 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, welcome back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter