Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Blizzard

Right now we're in the middle of a blizzard. Winds, according to Environment Canada are gusting to 120 km/hour. It is a near whiteout outside as the snow is blowing. The room is creaking and the winds are rumbling outside. The building is actually shaking from the wind.

It's actually quite intense. It's a little scary even. I had to let a neighbour's dog out and he was blown off his feet. Poor little guy. The snow stung against my face and I was so happy that I have a nice apartment to retreat into. This is the kind of storm that I always imagined in the north and the kind of storm that kills people. Even though it's warm out, a balmy -10 (wind makes it much colder, though), it's another reminder to me about how incredible it is that the Inuit have lived in this part of the world for hundreds and hundreds of years.

The power has flickered on and off throughout the evening. I am shocked, actually, that the Internet is working, so I'm going to publish this before the satellite dish gets blown over.

1 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's cold here too, yo. Well, not that cold, but cold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter