Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Lost Again

I'm quite sure that the people who created the X-Files had no idea that it would become such a hit, and I suspect that this is the reason why the show always seemed to be floundering as the writers struggled to have all their ridiculous storylines tie together and make sense.

I have watched the last two seasons of Lost and even though it seemed complex and each week brought new fodder for geeks and water coolers, I had this sneaking suspicion that there was indeed a plan and that the writers had some idea as to where the story would eventually end up. That is not to say that I don't think that there is a certain amount of panic in the writing process, but I think that, on the whole, the plot has already been determined.

After a summer of waiting, I was a little disappointed in tonight's season premiere. I'm not sure if I can put my finger on it exactly, but perhaps it's just that some of the mystery is gone. We now know much more about The Others, and I wonder if some of the cache is gone. Sure there are a lot of question marks, but I think that the very fact that the three main characters have been separated from the secondary characters has taken away some of the tension and some of the strength that the group had. It seems now as though The Others will simply break them down. I liked it when I thought that "our team" had a fighting chance, but now all hope seems lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter