Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

K- Incomplete

I don't know how many posts I can start and then leave unfinished. Here are a few:

September 22, 2006
A good friend of mine is getting married in a couple of weeks and while I won't be able to attend the wedding, I would like to send along a gift. The only problem is that he lives in Mexico.

Now before you berate me for not going to a wedding in Mexico, I have already suffered enough punishment by trying to navigate the Liverpool website with my 14 words of Spanish. I already knew that Google translator is about as good as...

September 1st, 2006
Yesterday (and the past few days for that matter) was insane. I was up at 7:00 and working on getting myself moved which wasn't really moving as much as hauling stuff upstairs and dumping it into any free space. The house is a complete disaster with all my crap strewn everywhere.

I also had to finish cleaning the basement apartment and the upstairs apartment. In the top floor apartment was a 10 foot couch which was not possible to move. It belonged to someone else and had been in that apartment for many years as it was impossible to remove. I thought, "Not so bad, I'll just lower it off the balcony. So I rallied some friends together and bought some rope and prepared to drop a 10 foot couch off a third floor balcony.

Wisely, I was talked out of it. I was a little ticked at first because I wanted the job done, but it was 11:00 at night and I was in way over my head. I was convinced to go to sleep and to leave the couch until the clarity of the next morning.

I cleaned and cleaned and got everything organized, but still had to deal with the couch. I was all by myself so I was running out of ideas. Since this couch was garbage anyway, I decided to cut it in half. I got a hand saw and hacked it in two. A few funny comments the night before were: "Do you have a chainsaw?" and...

June 15th, 2006
Throughout the day, I usually come up with a ton of blog-worthy ideas, but then when it comes to sitting down and typing them out, I always forget them...

April 25th, 2006
My brief Monday and Tuesday off is drawing to a close. Next stop 9 days of work. It doesn't matter though. Payday is on Thursday and everything is brighter on payday...

April 23rd, 2006
I'm not convinced that my friends don't take me out just to get me drunk and to see what crazy stories I tell and what insane blog entries I post...

April 4th, 2006
Today was a real shock to the system. I was up at 6:15 and on the road by 7:15. I stayed over at my sister's house in Ajax last night so that I wouldn't have to face the DVP and eastbound 401 this morning. It was a smart move.

My interview went very well this morning. My lesson was all right, but nothing outstanding. I think that they just wanted to see how I interacted with the students and to see my demeanour in the classroom. I was surprisingly relaxed considering I haven't been in a classroom for almost six months. Like riding a bike, I guess.

The interview section was very good. I didn't get to the end and say, "Oh I should have said that!" or "I wish I hadn't said that!" All in all I am pleased with the way things went.

I think that the reason why I was more relaxed was because I had a bit of a problem when I arrived.

I was really rushed last night to get to my sister's house, and I forgot my toothbrush and razor. I stopped at the pharmacy to pick up some disposable razors and a new toothbrush. That was no problem.

In my sister's house she has a regular bathroom but they only use their ensuite. Their regular bathroom, therefore, didn't have any toothpaste. I didn't want to bother them so I decided not to brush.

Just before I arrived at the school, I stopped at a Mac's Milk to pick up some toothpaste, but I was waterless...

February 27th, 2006
I just had one of those moments as described in The Streets' song, "It Was Supposed to Be So Easy."

I owned a house in Saskatoon before I moved to Ontario. I sold it on June 15th, 2005. There hasn't been any problem with the sale of the house, except that because of an incredible piece of bureaucracy, I was still being charged mortgage protection at the beginning of each month. So, I have been paying $32.11 each month since June 15th for a mortgage I didn't have. For some insane reason, FirstLine Mortgages doesn't inform Manulife Financial's Mortgage Protection Plan that the mortgage has been discharged.

When I realized that I had paid over $200 over the past 7 months, I decided that I would cancel the plan and get my money back. Simple right? It was supposed to be so easy.

In order to cancel the mortgage I needed to have a letter get my money back had to...

November 15th, 2006
It's hard not to feeluncomfortable while watching Noah Baubach's The Squid and the Whale. You watch the characters on screen and while a part of you hopes that they overcome the sadness of their own lives, but you sit helpless as things fall apart around them.

It isn't as if they don't deserve what's coming to them, though. Jeff Daniels plays, Bernard, a washed up writer and English professor who is jaded in the face of a world that who once embraced him. Bernard and his wife Joan, played by Laura Linney, are in the throes of a divorce which has a devastating impact upon their two sons, Walt and Frank...

October 19th, 2006
My weekend to Montreal was centred around seeing Death Cab For Cutie at the Spectrum. One does not really need a reason for visiting Montreal, but as excuses go, this is a good one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter