Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Weekend Wrap-Up

It's been a good weekend, but I haven't made much time for blogging. There has been a lot going on and over the past week, and things will continue to be busy for the next little while.

I managed to rent the two apartments and the new tenants will be moving in later on this week. That means that I have to move from the basement to the main floor. It shouldn't be a problem, but it will take a few hours to lug everything upstairs. I don't have to worry about boxes or anything, but can just grab a handful of stuff and carry it up to its new home. I think that I'll be able to move out and move in in about three beers.

Once I'm moved, I have to continue the massive clean-up. I rented a rug cleaner today, and will spend tomorrow morning shampooing the carpets in the two apartments. Once that's finished, I have to clean walls and windows, and make sure that everything is pristine.

I bought a powerwasher today and need to spend some time setting it up and cleaning around the outside of the house. Those pigeons suffered some significant losses, but have rallied and have struck back with some victories of their own. I did not watch my buddies die face down in the muck so that these pigeons can strut around like they're the ones in charge around here.

I haven't been running as my hip has been giving me some sharp, stabbing pain. I'm worried that this might put a wrench in the Boston-qualification plans, and I'm hoping to get back at it tomorrow.

The rest continues on as usual. I'll be happy when everything is taken care of with the house and I can relax a little. I'm just hoping that I don't have to paint the third-floor apartment for the new tenants. That would be horrible, and something that I think is a distinct possibility.

1 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try looking up stretches for you iliopsoas, psoas and Illiotibial Band (IT band). Stretch them twice a day, 2 x 30 seconds. They're big muscles that all tie in at the hip, and get major use in running....I had some hip probs last year, and they also had me do groin stretches also...

Firehead sent me, in case your wondering :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter