Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Friday Fizzle

It was a slow evening last night. I had gotten up so early (6:15am) that by the end of the day I was wiped. During the afternoon, it was a struggle not to nod off at my desk. I was captioning a documentary on AIDS which was very interesting, but quite heavy, and so my brain was a bit fried by the end of my shift.

I sent a follow-up thank you email to the principal who interviewed me. I took a long time on it and made sure that it was perfect. I figure that if she's on the fence, then this might seal it for me. My fingers are still crossed.

That afternoon, a friend called because he wanted to hang out in my apartment and play vids. I didn't care and so he came by my office building and I gave him my keys. As I walked home, I called him to find that, 6 hours later, he was still there. What a nerd. It was nice to have some company when I got home and we chatted for a while.

I got changed into my running gear and as I sat on the couch watching his golf character win some sort of lame tournament, I tried to convince myself to actually go running. I was so disinterested in it, and it took all that I had to get out the door.

I did manage, through will power alone, to run. It was a very cool evening; a little too cool, actually. My legs felt good, but I was struggling throughout with my motivation and my stomach. I've had a really sore stomach for the last little while for some reason (probably too much raisin-almond granola). At the end of every block I considered turning around. In the end, my determination ruled and I ran up Bathurst to the 401 and back to my apartment: 16 kilometres.

When I got home, I took a shower and had a big slice of watermelon. I curled up in bed and started reading The Kite Runner. A friend let me borrow it and I've heard a lot of great things about it. I managed to read the first chapter. That's no accomplishment since it was less than one full page. I slept soundly until my alarm went off at 7:45. As I was trying to force myself to get up, I glanced at the book on the shelf and really wished that I could spend the morning (and afternoon) reading and napping. No luck.

I got up and dressed and headed off to work. Forty-five minutes on foot, half an XFM broadcast, and a muffin later, I'm back at my desk with my AIDS documentary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter