Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Don't Mug Yourself

This evening was a friend's birthday get-together. I hope that he had a good time, but it is really hard to go out on a Tuesday night and really tie one one. Well, to be fair, it isn't hard for me since going to bed drunk at 3am and waking up at 11:30 is a fairly normal evening. For all those people who "care" and are "going places" that's not really a viable option.

It was kind of a strange evening. I was supposed to see a movie tonight because I got mixed up on the day of the soiree. Instead, I took my date to the party. I sent this email to a friend:

"It's been a long time since I've seen anything funnier than the look on your face when I arrived at [the bar] with [the girl]. You seemed so bewildered and so proud. It was something that I wish I could bottle and sell. It was absolutely brilliant. Thanks for making my day."


The look on his face was priceless, and I think that it really was a glimpse into the kind of life that I have. Despite all the bumps, I know that evenings like this where you can go out with friends and just have a great evening out is all that I really need. To be able to witness something like that look was not only a laugh-riot, but just so comforting.

It puts the past few months into perspective and makes me wonder about what the next few months will bring.

Sometimes, I really can't believe my luck.

1 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the booze.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter