Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Sometimes I Think That I'm Bigger Than the Sound

I've got to thank pageblank for setting me up with Cheated Hearts by the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs (which I have noted has been removed... for shame!), and Jess and EMG for changing my life with Band of Horses' The Funeral. I've been listening to these songs non-stop since they were posted.

In a beer-fueled creative spirit, I thought that a good video for Cheated Hearts would be to have someone running with an iPod, listening to the song and mouthing the lyrics while totally rocking out to the tune. They could stop, at some point, and bounce around and totally kick it. At the part where they say "taking it off" the person could be extra creative. I think that it would be really interesting since we all see people listening to music and rocking out as they go.

Today, for instance, I was laughing like a maniac at the XFM broadcasts and people stopped and looked at me because they thought either I was laughing at them or they wanted to know who the cool guy was and what was so funny. There can't possibly be any other options for why they stopped.

Well, if you haven't noticed already, this is another D&P. I tried to resist, but I was lying in bed and kept thinking about possible post topics and how disappointed my fans would be if I turned down this golden opportunity.

I went out tonight to Rancho Relaxo. It was some sort of party night that I didn't really understand, but the people I was with were a ton of fun and I had a really had a good time. At this point of my life, I'm pretty much game for everything, so when given the choice between Internet surfing and writing melancholic blog entries and trying something new, the decision really doesn't take that long. Sorry all, but I think that the fun posts are better even though I also believe that the self-deprecating and self-loathing posts are funny and appealing in a stand-up comedy way. Personally, I prefer the fun ones.

So I'm working tomorrow and Sunday, but I don't really care. I'm saving up for a weekend away, and since I had a blast tonight, I can coast through until Friday, no problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter