Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Weekend Update

I was watching Almost Famous the other day. We have to caption it and as it was digitizing, I watched a few scenes. One thing that struck me was the shot of a book. Most books you see in old movies look all beaten up and worn out as if they had been kicking around in someone's basement for the last 35 years. This movie was set in the 1970s, a book from that time period would be new looking, rather than all ratty and yellowed.

My phone is broken. I'll have to get a new one. For some reason, it just won't connect. It rings and I can check my voicemail, but I can't actually speak to people. It's very annoying. Leave a message and I'll call you back.

I am heading out of town this weekend. My Dad hasn't been doing any of the hay and I'm sick of hearing him moan about it. I'm also sick of working for ten days and then finally getting a weekend and then having to go to the middle of nowhere to do physical labour for my four days off. I'm sick of obligation. I'm sick of stupid cows ruining my fun. There.

Therefore, I'm renting a car, and driving to my Dad's house right after work today. My Dad isn't even going to be there, because he's visiting his brother in P.E.I. and so I'm going to be working all by myself. I was only planning to stay until Sunday, but there are only 5 fields left. I'm going to cut them all tomorrow, and then rake and bale them on Sunday and Monday. I might stay until Tuesday and pick all the bales up and stack them so that the job is completely finished. The weather is supposed to be good, so I want to get it over with so that I can actually have a weekend this summer for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter