Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Free Day Off

So I have the day off. Day one of a five day weekend. I t was so nice last night to turn off the alarm clock and wake up whenever I wanted. I got up at the same time as I usually do. Apparently, my internal clock is set to 10:24 am. It's a hard life.

I got up and sent a few emails. I farted away enough time to make it to the afternoon, and then decided to go for a run. Sixteen kilomtres later I was back home. It was a killer because it was so hot and I was a little dehydrated from the three pints last night. My friend Andrew came over and helped me clean up the top floor apartment. I managed to score a ton of free booze including an expensive unopened bottle of cognac. Apparently, I can return it for exchange which is fine by me, otherwise it's a regift waiting to happen. There was also rye, vodka, gin, port, and rhum. I could be drunk for a month and not spend a penny.

Something interesting happened at work this week. I have been working on the movie "Godzilla Raids Again." It is quite terrible, and funny. These movies are stock-footage festivals, they pilfer shots from all manner of places. For example, there is a scene in a danceclub and everyone is dancing around in fancy dress enjoying themselves because Godzilla has changed course and isn't attacking Osaka.

As I was working, I noticed a very out of place circular dot bouncing around the screen. As the camera moves, I realized that the dot was an edit, and was placed there to cover up a swastika. The movie came out in the late 50s and I guess some of the stock footage would have been from the 30s and 40s. Certainly, it was very minor, and of no real consequence. It was edited completely, but I think that historically, it's quite interesting. It would be fascinating to go back and research how these movies were made and the what went into them.

I'm heading off to the Wilco concert tonight at Massey Hall. Should be a good time. I saw Wilco in 1996 at Another Roadside Attraction. They played at about 1:30 in the afternoon, and nobody cared. I've been a fan ever since. I'm hoping that this show will be off the hook, and all signs point to it.

Then tomorrow I'm off to the farm. It's going to be a long drive. I have to be on my very best behaviour as my insurance expired yesterday. I just have to get the car to my Dad's and then I'm leaving it there until I can't walk/bike to work, or have a job that pays enough to cover my 11-demerit points insurance.

It's patio drinks for the rest of the afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter