Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Youch, man,

What a disastrous morning. So hungover.

I was trying to think of interesting things to blog about, but couldn't. Instead I tried to remember as much as I could about the old Hercules cartoon. Here's what I came up with:

Characters: Hercules, Helena, and Newton (the high-voiced centaur).

Theme Song:

Hercules hero of song and story.
Hercules winner of ancient glory.
Hercules is here raise a mighty cheer.
Virtue in his heart, fire in every part of the mighty Hercules.

That's not in the right order, but that's the best I could do. If I really cared, I could google it, but that would ruin the fun of it. I remember the ring that Hercules wore when he wanted to be super powerful. It had an "H" on it.

On to more confusing things.

I had to work yesterday which wasn't much of a problem except that I didn't get to enjoy the lovely weather. I was strangely productive and managed to work without interruption for the whole day. I think that I'm a good employee, but over the past week I've really put my head down and worked like a maniac. I don't take breaks and I don't waste any time. It's quite extraordinary, really, since I would much rather screw around all day.

Anyway, I worked yesterday and then headed home at 9:15. My sister called and offered me a ride and even though I wanted to walk, I was in a rush so I accepted the lift. When I got home, I had to tidy up my apartment. I had reached my breaking point with it and I really needed to make some time to clean it up a little. I took care of business and then jumped in the shower to get ready to go out.

After a bit of debate over what I would wear, I settled on a vintage shirt rather than a t-shirt, but I was unhappy with the top button. It had fallen off and I had to sit down and sew a button back on to it. It was a real nightmare, because I was in a rush and the whole time I was doing it I was thinking, "I shouldn't be wasting all this time on sewing a button on a shirt. No one will care except me." I made a mess of the sewing, but it did manage to pass the very scientific yanking-test.

I headed over to a friend's house and met a whole bunch of new people. To be honest, I was quite nervous because I knew that the plan was to go out dancing. I'm not a dancer, and it really isn't something I get very excited about. If I want to be a member of society, I have to accept the fact that people like dancing. I may not understand it, but I have to get used to doing it occasionally. I expect that people just like to jump around like idiots.

So I was nervous about dancing and in order to make up for it I decided to start drinking. It worked out well because I stopped feeling nervous, and I didn't care about the foolishness of dancing.

It was a good plan until I had to go home. We were at Kensington, which is about 7 blocks from my house. I don't remember leaving, but I have a vague recollection of lying down for a nap somewhere. I think that I was in one of those planters that line the sidestreets. Anyway, the next thing I remember is a do-gooder checking to make sure I was okay. I jumped up and headed on my way. Slurring out something like: "Helena, Helena! Herc needs help!"

I kept walking and walking and I kept wondering to myself, "This seems like a long way. I should be home by now." I ended up at Front and Bathurst. I was at College and Bathurst and instead of going the two blocks north to my bed, I went about 25 blocks south. I was tired and soused and so I called my sister. I woke her up and she got out of bed to pick me up. It would be embarrassing if I cared at all, but I'm past being embarrassed about the stupid things that I do.

Today is a mess. I got up and headed to work a little early, just because I had to get out of my house for fear that I wouldn't ever leave. It's a funny kind of hangover today, because I am acutely observant, and generally at peace. I noticed a ton of attractive girls on the walk and they all seemed to be in a good mood. I listened to my iPod and stopped a few times on the way for flavoured water, chips, cookies and to keep tabs on the England/Ecuador game.

Now I'm at work and I've got a bit of the shakes. Way too much booze last night. I'm going to take a chunk out of the water cooler this afternoon and work on a documentary on Rene Levesque. I also have to decide which Godzilla movie I will tackle next. I think I'll go with Godzilla Raids Again.

1 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I remember it, it goes...

Hercules, hero of song and story.
Hercules, winner of ancient glory,
Fighting for the right,
Fighting with his might,
With the strength of ten
Ordinary men.

Hercules, people are safe when near him.
Hercules, only the evil fear him.
Softness in his eyes,
Iron in his thighs,
Virtue in his heart,
Fire in every part
Of the mighty Hercules.

There's another verse that ends...

Victory is near,
Raise a mighty cheer
At the sight of Hercules!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter