Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Super Friends

I got a hilarious email that I got from my good friend Jon. I had suggested that "the three of us get together for a drink." He was unclear as to whether or not I meant the two of us and his girlfriend, or the two of us and my cat, Harpo.

What a great idea: head out to a bar with some friends and bring little Harpo along for the fun. He'd sit in his little cage and look around at all the crazy stuff that was happening. We'd put him on the table beside the pitcher of beer. He'd curl up and listen to the karaoke. He'd yawn at our drunken buffoonery. Everyone would be interested to find out what was in the carrying crate, and they'd be really surprised to see little Harpo in there. We'd pretend like it was an everyday thing, and they'd wonder what the hell was going on. It would completely blow their minds. If a really attractive girl showed up we could take him out for a bit. Harpo'd turn on the charm and rub his head up against her face, and would roll over exposing the belly for a rubdown. She'd be putty in his hand I'm telling you. It's a golden idea, so if you try it, please cite your source.

Anyway, enough of that nonsense.

Point number two is less mental (or more mental depending on where you sit). A friend of mine has been very busy for the past couple of weeks. She and I had spent a huge amount of time together, but nothing ever happened in the romance department. It was one of those things that either we were both avoiding, or was never meant to be. It reminds me of that Seinfeld episode:

JERRY: Anyway, like I was saying, I couldn't make the transition from conversation to sex. There were no awkward pauses. I need an awkward pause.

GEORGE: I'm all about awkward pauses.

For the last little while, she's been working like crazy and I've been wasting time in my own way, so we hadn't seen each other for more than 10 days. Usually, we'd see each other 3-4 times a week (sometimes more).

During this time apart, I realized that some things should not be screwed up. There are some people that just make your life better. The time you spend with them is time that is fully enjoyed. Fortunately, there are more than a few people in my life with whom I could never have a bad time. I'd rather have a bad time with them than a good time with anyone else. The important lesson here is: some people you've just gotta stick with, because, when you consider everything, they make you happy.

Male or female, green or purple, some people simply make your life better. These are the ones that you've got to work hard to keep closeby no matter what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter