Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Catch Up

I didn't get a chance to blog about my sister's Cancer, but I should give an update.

A few weeks after my sister had her radiation and spent 10 days at my house, she had an appointment with her oncologist to have her final tests. The results came back and she is Cancer-free! She is now getting her medications sorted out and with more energy will exercise and start taking off some of her baby and thryoid-less weight. She's in good spirirts and we are very relieved.

I didn't do very well on my World Cup predictions. I suffered through Portugal's victories, in Little Portugal, but fortunately was out of town for the Italy win. I was supremely disappointed with England's showing, but this send up of Peter Crouch by the genius that is Stephen Merchant is gold.

3 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is fucking brilliant, man. I mean, your sister being cancer-free is awesome, too, but the dude doing Peter Crouch has his freakishly lanky running style and robot celebration nailed.

Gold, baby. Pure gold.

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the guy in the studio at the end who also nailed it with his commments on little people.

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He really did get Crouch there, but I have to say that from the fuzzy still that shows at the head of the video, I thought it was Paul McCartney. I thought there was going to be some one-footed soccer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter