Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Monday, July 31, 2006

About Time

Things just might be coming up Nugget. It's been a great weekend.

I had planned to get up early this morning and go for a 23 kilometre run with the people from the Running Room. I had a relatively quiet Saturday night, but did manage to stay out fairly late. It was about 1:30 by the time I stripped down to my underwear and went to bed.

I lay there looking at the clock and thinking about life, the universe, and everything. I calculated how long I would sleep if I fell asleep right at that moment, and then tried to force it to happen. Of course it didn't work, and the calculating continued. Perpetual motion.

Eventually I fell asleep, and actually fell hard, because when the phone rang at 2:45, I had no idea where I was. I was scared, briefly, because a phone call in the middle of the night can rarely be a good thing.

I was relieved to find out who it was, and to discover that it wasn't anything terrible. A good friend was on the way home from an unenjoyable evening and wanted to moan about it a little. I didn't mind at all, and we chatted for a while. By the time I fell back asleep it was around 3:30.

My alarm went off at 8:00. I clicked it off quickly and decided that the plan to run was out the window. 11:30 here I come!

At 9:59, I heard footsteps above me and I remembered that the real estate agent was showing the house. I jumped out of bed and stumbled around in groggy, panick-sticken circles just like they do in the cartoons as I tried to think about what I was going to do. I thought about going out for breakfast, I didn't want to eat alone. I thought about driving to the grocery store, but I no longer have a car.

I decided that the best plan would be to go for a run. I got changed into my gear and I ran 17.5 kilometres. I got back home at 11:30, checked my email and then headed off to work. You will all be very pleased to know that I have abandoned the double knee braces. I stopped wearing them about a week ago, and feel much better without them.

Work was work. We are captioning the Hockey: A People's History series, and it looks quite good. I really like captioning documentaries, because they are fairly straightforward, and I actually learn something.

When I got home, I barbequed some meat, and some friends came over for some vids. We went out for a drink, and now I am typing this. Since I didn't sleep much last night so I'm heading to bed shortly. I've had a lot of fun this weekend partly because nothing has happened according to plan, but in the end everything has worked out right. Funny how that happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter