Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

TGIAugust

Again with the excessive heat. It's been so hot here for the past few days and it's so cold in my basement apartment that when I go outside my glasses steam up.

At 10:30 last night, it was 28 degrees and with the humidity felt like 42. I'm not sure why, exactly, but I ran 12 kilometres. It was an accident. I registered for two races: a 10k on Sunday morning, and a 30k on the evening of the 19th.

August is my favourite month of the year. The summer is beginning to wind down, and people realize that if they haven't enjoyed it, they had better get on it right way. The haying is usually finished by August (and it is this year, too, by the way), so I can take time at the cottage with friends. My relationships, that all seem to end in March, have all started in August, and though I think that both those facts are a little strange, I'm not going to worry about it too much.

What else can I say? Today is haircut day. I feel sick to my stomach for no explainable reason. I woke up at 9:00 to get laundry soap. I cleaned my apartment yesterday. I wore shorts at work for the first time yesterday. I ate a low-fat blueberry muffin yesterday that I suspect is not actually low-fat, but I don't think that there is any way to prove it. I'm all alone at work today, thankfully (my controlling co-worker, and the loudmouth are both off). Other than that everything continues on as usual until the big weekend out of town that begins in t-80 hours.

1 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When people say, "August is my favourite month of the year," I want to punch them in the nose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter