Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Opened House

I'm sitting at my computer typing this in the middle of an open house. I listed the two apartments and had so many responses that I couldn't be bothered arranging individual showings for that many people and so I decided to open up the house for viewing today.

My good friend is manning the basement while I fart around on the computer waiting for people to arrive. I expect that he's playing video games. In fact, I should go check it out and maybe have some breakfast. I've been up since 6:45 doing some last minute tidying and getting things organized.

The cleaning person who came yesterday did a very nice job, but I was very surprised. I got a call at 2 something informing me that the job was too big to finish in 5 hours. I couldn't believe it. Granted, the place was a mess; that's why I didn't want to clean it. Nevertheless, had I actually not been lazy I could have easily finished in less than 5 hours, especially if I was being paid. I suppose that this is an endemic problem of hourly wages. Why do a job in 5 hours when you can do it in 10 and get paid twice as much?

It doesn't really matter. He/She (I didn't meet the cleaning person) did a great job on the two bathrooms and cleaned the surfaces in the kitchen. I took some tome to wipe down the cupboards in the kitchen and to vacuum and sweep the rest of the apartment (which was relatively tidy).

So now people are wandering through to rent the apartments. It isn't so bad, but I feel really terrible since I, in essence, have to choose the best candidate, and since I can only choose one person, I have to shoot down the rest and leave them to the horror of other apartments and landlords who screw them over.

(pause)

There have been quite a few people who have come by to look at the house, but with so many people have emailng me I was expecting a lot more. I expect that it's because it's 10:30 in the morning and people have jobs. I shouldn't complain since you want tenants with jobs. I expect that things will get a lot busier this evening.

Other than finally getting off my butt and doing this chore, I haven't been doing a whole lot. I've been resting, perhaps too much, after my race, but my hip has been bugging me a little. It's the same chair problem that I've had in the past. I'm going to force myself to run tonight and see how it goes. The big race is only 33 days away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter