Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Going, Going, Gone.

I am officially no longer a homeowner.

The house closed today. I've been thinking about this day for a long time for a couple of reasons, both of them fairly obvious.

This is payday! I have been living under the shroud of credit card debt for such a long time and I've been looking forward to paying all my cards off and getting that weight off of my shoulders. I can't wait to call the companies and ask them to reduce my limits. I'd like to hear what they say and the kind of "perks" they'll offer if I decide not to. With those paid off, I can really begin again, but this time I won't be so foolish about my spending.

Today also closes another chapter of my life in Saskatchewan. One of these years, I'll be back in the area and I'll drive by. Things will look different, but navigating the streets will come back quickly. I'll knock on the door and take a tour. I'll tell the owners about the renovations we made and show them pictures of what it used to look like. It will be an exercise in nostalgia, and I'll be a very different person then. It will be nice to visit. (Now if I can coin a term for nostalgia based on looking forward to thinking back onto the present, I may have something)

The 15th has arrived and the house is gone. I forgot about it until about 2:00 this afternoon, and then I realized that looking forward to today was all moot. The lawyer will have a cheque for me and since I've been so swamped with work there was no way I would be able to drive into Saskatoon for a cheque. I won't be able to get it until Friday and so I will have to absorb the extra two days of interest. Isn't that always the way it goes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter