Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Finally A Little Sunshine!

Though most of my readership has been suffering from intense heat over the past few weeks, the weather in Saskatchewan has been nasty. Today was the first day in almost two weeks without clouds. The temperature actually broke 20 degrees, too! There were frost warnings overnight last week, so all you smog-smothered Torontonians can actually feel jealous of Saskatchewan.

So on this beautiful day I had a garage sale to get rid of all the junk that remains in our old house. Note to all homebuyers: Quiet streets are great when you want peace but are terrible for garage sale turnout. If you want a rocking garage sale live on a main street, if you want to sit in the sun all day and doze live on a side street.

I basked in the sunshine, caked in far too much 45 SPF sunscreen, and lemonaded with Bert's Bees. At one point I rested my head back on the couch cushion and looked straight up. The sky was so crisp and blue, there was an elm tree branch, and a plane cutting a white scar. The sun warmed my face. I felt happy. There are a lot of things that I will miss about Saskatchewan.

It was a quiet garage sale, but it was a nice day. I had a great dinner with friends and I've got an fresh-air exhausted kind of sleepiness. I've given away my key and the house sale closes on Wednesday. Things are finishing up quickly, and I'm wondering how I can slow them down.

Why is that? I'm sinking now into the fear of Hamlet's "undiscovered country". I suppose that that's more of an afterlife reference, but the future is what's creeping up and it's becoming more tangibly exciting and scary. With today's dose of Vitamin D I feel as though I can handle the upcoming unknowns. That's a nice feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter