Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Friday, May 27, 2005

The Dentist's Guilt

Got up early this morning for an 8am dentist appointment. I've not been to the dentist since last summer. My father is my dentist. Unfortunately, he lives 3000 km away, and the routine check up becomes a little difficult. Needless to say this is the trip to the dentist before I actually go to the dentist. I've got a year's worth of non-flossing to deal with before I actually have to sit down in the real dentist's chair.

It feels, though, like I'm committing some kind of illicit dental liaison. I'm letting another dentist into my mouth, not to mention a hygenist. It's become a twisted web of lies and deceit. I feel terrible about having someone else's prophy jet blasting off plaque, I just hope he doesn't want to take x-rays. I think that I might break down into tears if he wants to fix the chip in my front tooth.

Even I have my limits. I'll leave this morning gums puffy and bloodied, and the first thing that I'll have to do is wash the dentist office smell off of my clothes. The guilt might be too much to bear. He'll know just like a dog knows when you've been petting other dogs. Appointment in t minus 30 minutes. Am I really willing to do this? If I can do this then what could be next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter