Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Monday, Monday, Monday

Every Monday brings with it the dread of a bad night's sleep, an early morning staff meeting and the Tegan and Sarah's song of the same name. Today is no different, except for the sad fact that I actually got up early. This was not planned nor desired, but after being up about three dozen times during the night I was just glad to get that horrid night over with.

I got everything done yesterday that I had wanted to including cleaning the litterbox, marking those damn History essays, and coaching softball practice. The Spring is playing tricks with us and after three weeks of high teens low twenties temperatures (Celcius, of course), Winter put up a last fight and dropped temperatures back down to below freezing. I managed to pick up some halfway decent frostbite during fielding practice, and, like a rookie, as soon as I got into the car put my hands right on the hot air vent. My hands itched and burned all the way home and though it nearly cost me a trip to the ditch I survived.

Though technically, I am well in my rights to ask for a sick day today, I won't do it. It's harder to get a day planned for a substitute than it is to suck it up and do it yourself. I also wouldn't be able to stand another day of doing nothing in the apartment. There is only so much reading and lying around that you can do before the self-loathing sinks in and you realize that you'd rather be at work than all alone.

I expect that today is also the day where the shit hits the proverbial fan at work. I am planning to leave my job and I know that this will devastate many of my students and the community as a whole. The ad for my job was posted in Saturday's paper, and it is without doubt that someone in the small community has seen it and the wildfire has spread throughout the whole town. I am expecting a lot of tough questions, and times when I really don't know what to say. It isn't their fault, but I can't really say that without giving them my entire life story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter