Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I don't know what it means, but I like it.

I've been listening to Sigur Ros for the past couple of days. Maybe I'm a little behind the times, but things take a long time to get to Saskatchewan, or else I've just had my head up somewhere. I'm one of those people that when they find a song that they like they play it constantly, until it's completely worn out. I've found a trick around this. I have noticed that once I know the words I grow tired of the song more quickly. For instance, Modest Mouse. Most of the time I have now idea what they're saying, so it lasts a lot longer. ONce I give in and read the liner notes or Google the lyrics the song has already begun it's decline. It's like a good suspense film, it's fun until you know what happens.

The beauty of non-English music, is that I have no idea what they're saying and thus I can't grow tired of listening. QED.

Site Meter