Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Almost There.

My Mom is in Sault Ste. Marie. She has been crawling across Northern Ontario, but wisely so. After Portage-La-Prairie, she had a short day and made it as far as Kenora, then she Spent some time with her friends in Thunder Bay on Sunday.

I didn't sleep very well last night because I was thinking about her and why I hadn't heard from her since Friday. That being said, I'm sure that 90% of the population would kill to sleep like I did last night. What I consider not sleeping very well is probably better than most people ever sleep.

She is heading to the hospital this morning. She woke up with a lot of dizziness and after her visit last week to the hospital, they suggested that she see a doctor if she had any ill effects later on in the week. They said that dizziness could happen many dyas later, and as if on cue, it has. At least if she's in Sault Ste. Marie, my father is close enough to be able to get her if she is unable to drive herself.

Actually, when I talked to her this morning, she said that the dizziness had passed. She was only going to the hospital as a precaution. She didn't want to be on the road in the middle of nowhere unable to drive. It didn't make sense to not get checked up before moving on. She is only about 5 hours from our cottage, and will spend the night there. Then tomorrow she'll head the remaining 2 hours to Toronto.

It will be interesting to see how she will be able to unload all of my junk. It's all going into a basement apartment and since my sister is pregnant she won't be too much help, so it will be just my Mom and my brother-in-law. I expect that it won't be an easy task. It's times like this when I really hate being 3000kms away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter