Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Here We Are

I haven't had a lot to write about. Actually, that a bald-faced lie, but I really just haven't made time to sit down and write. I should, but I haven't.

I recall wondering in the shower the other day about where razors can go next. I mean a razor used to be a single blade, and now they've managed to squeeze in five blades and one on the top for touch-ups. Can they put six? Ten? Twenty-five blades on a single razor? To use the words of Karl Pilkington, "Do we need 'em?"

I had my eyes tested today at the same place that Daniel Cook visited on his show. I didn't have the nerve to ask the doctor about it. I'm not sure how I feel about this Daniel Cook character, I want to dislike his eagerness, but I just can't. I find his show quite entertaining, and I enjoy watching it.

My eye test was fine. I'm sensitive to the eye dilating drops, and they stay open for over a week. The doctor was nice enough not to give them to me. My left eye had degenerated since my last visit five years ago. It is more than twice as poor as my right eye: -4.75 and -2.25.

I had found a pair of glasses that I liked and was all set to buy them once I got my prescription. There was an opticians attached and I had a wander around and found the same pair for $70 less, so I was quite happy about that. I'll be able to get them in about a week or so.

I'm reading Dave Eggers' "A Heartbreaking Work of Astonishing Genius" and will end this early because I'd rather be reading that than writing this.

1 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

I'm twice as blind as your blindest eye.

Also: that guy from Moxy Fruvous who is now on the CBC goes to my eye doctor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter