Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Ticket to Ride

After working yesterday, I walked home and then loaded the following garbage into the truck:

1- 8 foot couch in two sections that had been sawed in half and lowered from the third floor balcony to the backyard.
8- cushions from the sawed couch which were particularly nasty since they had been left out in the rain.
2- large speakers.
1- chipboard and laminate bedside table.
14- pieces of chipboard and laminate from a disassembled wardrobe.
2- floor lamps
1- table lamp with shade
1- Ronco "Set It and Forget It" Rotisserie
1- Cuisinart
1- flour sifter
1- deep fryer
1- scanner
1- coffee maker
1- green plastic garbage can lid
1- green Rubbermaid container
1- mop

After moving and dealing with cleaning out the upstairs apartment, there was a lot of garbage, and since most of it couldn't be put into bags I had to take matters into my own hands.

With the truck loaded I headed out of the city to Muskoka. I filled up with gas at 75.7 cents per litre (I was chuffed to notice that it was 85.9 when I returned) and arrived just after midnight.

My cellphone alarm woke me up at 8:30 and I headed to the landfill. There was no problem emptying the truck and the damage was only $29.50. It was worth anything to get that crap out of my life.

After the dump, I stopped by the bakery to grab the best danishes in the world, but I guess they only bake for the tourists on the weekends because they were just trying to get rid of the day old scones and sliced bread. I went danish-free, but got some cookies to soothe the suffering.

My Dad has a few pallets of flagstone up there and so I loaded one of them into the now empty truck and headed back to the city. I stopped on the way to buy a doorbell for the tenants upstairs and then arrived back in time to catch the 12:30 news.

The afternoon will see me donate blood, and then brave the rushhour traffic to head to my sister's house. I figure that I should make an effort to see her baby since I'm beginning to think that she doesn't think that I like my niece since I rarely see her. It's not my fault that she decided to live in the suburbs. You move to the suburbs, you accept the loneliness.

After dinner and smiling at baby, I'm heading to my Dad's house to deliver his stone. I'll spend the night, catch a ride to Kingston and then take the train home. It's not a very glamourous way to spend a day off, but at least I'm accomplishing a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter