Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Slow Sunday

My blog received its 10,000th visitor this afternoon. Pretty awesome!

Went to a friend's birthday party last night and drank too much. I shocked myself by getting up at 8:45 and taking the subway to Eglinton. I was supposed to have brunch with friends, and was scheduled to arrive at 10:30. As I approached the door, I looked at my watch. 10:29. I climbed the steps and the door opened. My friend had just commented to his wife, "I don't think that he's going to be here at 10:30." He looked out the window and there I was.

I had a nice morning chatting and spending time with their baby. They weren't too pleased with their electrician who was supposed to arrive at 12:00 to give them an estimate. He was a no-show for the second time this week. It must be nice to have people so over a barrel that you can stand them up twice and still be so busy that you have to turn down jobs.

I was lucky enough to get a ride home, and the baby got to come along for the ride. For the first little bit, he looked out the window and listened to music, but as we approached my house, he started to fade. Knowing that it would ruin his nap, we opened the window, and I tried to engage him with toys and books. I jostled his foot, but those eyes were heavy. The whole thing seemed like those scenes in movies when the hero is trying to rescue someone from an overdose.

It was no use. The baby fell asleep, and I expect that the Sunday afternoon nap at their house was replaced with a rejuvenated baby on the tear for the afternoon. My afternoon nap, on the other hand, was a perfect 3 hours of destroying the last remnants of a hangover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter