Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Big Day Coming

Today would have been my Mom and Dad's 36th wedding anniversary. I called my Dad and he seems to be doing fine. He said that he was thinking about his granddaughter's birthday tomorrow instead of his absent anniversary. I think that that's a good plan.

I'm heading out to the birthday party tomorrow, but before I do, I have to get a present and then go to the doctor's office. I still haven't been out for a run since the 30k in August and even though my hip is feeling better, it is still tender. I want to be a foolish man and just ignore it, but the caring people around me have told me to see a doctor and get it checked out. I don't want it healing improperly, and since I can't really run on it at all, I do think that it's a good idea. Sadly, my dream of completing a marathon and qualifying for Boston has died for this year. I was bummed to realize on Saturday that it was race day and I should have met my goal but was taking a shower at 2:30 in the afternoon. That was sad, but hopefully things will be sorted out tomorrow.

My new glasses still haven't arrived. It has been almost two weeks and I'm growing increasingly impatient. Maybe tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter