Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Blahg (Random Thoughts)

I've been wracking my brain to try to come up with something to write about these days, but the ideas aren't coming. I came across this bit of design fun at the Nonist. I suppose that after six months, my lowly blog is going through some growing pains of its own. There is also a very funny bit here (be sure to click on "Read more...").

In an attempt to find a solution to the bird-poop problem in the alley by my apartment, I did a few google searches for pigeon spikes. I came across this horrendous photoshopping. I defy you to look at the before and after pictures and tell me that they were done by someone over the age of 8.

I had resisted the slovenly life and awoken before 9 for 95% of the summer, but have fallen into the trap of ye olde sleep-until-noon.

I was somewhat disappointed by Ocean's Twelve whose plot twists seemed pedantic and by the end I was left with the realization that much of the film was pointless. It's nice to watch actors having fun, but with the heavy-handed Julia Roberts self-reference and the Bruce Willis cameo, I was overwhelmingly left with the impression that the joke was at the audience's expense.

I've been waiting to hear about my job interview all week, and I cracked under the pressure and emailed them to follow up. I hate the follow up call simply because I hate to be a nuissance; no one wants to hire a nuissance. They eased my fears and assured me that it was just a matter of time. Fine with me, but when someone tells me early in the week, I naturally expect to hear something before Friday! Patience, my son.

So I'm hoping that I can find something more interesting to write about, but until then I suppose these unconnected thoughts and links will have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter