Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

School's Out for Summer

Today was the last full day of classes. (For some reason (probably some loophole) students come on the bus on Thursday, pick up their report cards, and then get back on the bus to go home.)

I have two days of teacher work days, but it will be hard to find enough to do for more than a morning, so I'm hoping to get some reading done. Maybe even some at-work-blogging! They can't fire me now after all.

Today also marked the great credit card payoff. The hold was lifted on my house cheque and with a few clicks of a mouse, I spent thousands of dollars climbing up to my dream of being debt free. I have a car payment, and student loans still as well as a no interest loan for a washer and dryer, but that's it. No Visa, no Mastercard, no Bay bill, no Home Depot. Those bastards.

It feels fantastic let me tell you. I really do believe that my credit card debt was making me unhappy and irrational. The next step is calling the companies up later this week and lowering my credit limits. That will be the greatest conversation:

Them: "Visa Credit Services. May I help you?"

Me: "Yes, I'd like to reduce my credit limit, please."

Them: "You'd like to raise your credit limit? Sure I can do that for you."

Me: "No. I'd like to lower it please."

Them: "Raise it?"

Me: "Lower it. Please"

Them: "I'm not sure that I'm authorized to do that, sir, let me check with my manager for authorization. Hold please."

I won't even mind being put on hold, even if it is unreasonably long, because I know that their heads will be exploding, bright red flashing lights will be going off, and a voice will blast through their offices, "Code Yellow. Code Yellow. Code Yellow."

So a fine day and, as with most days lately, both devastatingly sad and powerfully happy.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fight the power Nugs!!! I hear you on the credit card debt. I've managed to keep mine low at the expense of my savings account. Very painfull. My 0% interest car loan is killing me even more. only 2 more years to go......

I need a job and then about 6 months of working to pay myself back for the year or so hiatus i've been on. Trust me, EI doesn't go all that far if you have 1. debt & 2. a girlfriend.

peace out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter