Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Atypical Monday.

So another Monday, but it happened to be the last day of classes. The students were insane and school really was babysitting for the day. Fortunately I'm all caught up on my work and my stress levels were low enough that there were no freak outs.

Maybe that's due in part to the fact that I broke a ten year old girl's nose this weekend. I've been coaching a softball team for the past few months, and we had our last tournament on Saturday. I was hitting fly balls between games and one of my players caught the ball with her face instead of her glove. She fell down screaming, blood squirted out everywhere, and I ran to help her. Her mother took her to the hospital and indeed it was nicely broken. She has an appointment with a plastic surgeon tomorrow.

So the students gave me a rough time about it. One of the more clever exchanges was:

Me: Take out your duotangs, please.

Student: I left my books at home. Please don't break my nose, sir.

Hardy har har. With that hilarity who needs school; just take that act on the road now.

It was also the day of tying up loose ends before exams and to feel sad about leaving all my students. That is definately the hardest part about leaving. One more week and exams are finissihed, three professional days, and then I'm done. Hazzah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter