Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Monday Comedy

I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but I went to a comedy show last night. Some of the acts were quite good and some were quite bad.

The memorable lines were few and far between, actually, but one was: "I work at the Hockey Hall of Fame and there you see a lot of people buying jersey's for the people they hate."

I much preferred the first half of the show because we were standing at the back. During intermission, some people left and we moved to a table at the very front. I kept feeling obliged to laugh even when it wasn't funny just because I felt guilty and because I didn't want them to start making fun of me. I felt quite vulnerable up at the front without the protection of a table in front of me, and the second half, for me, had an undercurrent of imminent attack.

What concerned me the most was that one of the comdians had the same first name as me and wore exactly the same shoes as I do. It also concerns me that I noticed such a thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter