Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Running Around Going Nowhere

This morning, I had to buy some plaster. I decided to go over to the Home Hardware on Bloor. I headed out the door and got to the corner before I remembered that I had to return a hard drive. I accidentally bought a SATA drive instead of an IDE drive. Anyway, I decided to return it to one of the sketchy computer shops on College Street and that I could go over to the Home Hardware down there instead. I went back inside, grabbed the drive and headed out.

During my walk, I made plans to run with a friend. When I got to the Home Hardware I discovered that it was closed. It's closed on Sundays. I cursed organized religion and chuckled in disgust that my attempt to save time was now going to cost me not only more time but also more effort. I would have to now go to the Home Hardware on Bloor which is the place that I should have gone in the first place.

I tried to make the best of it and went to the computer store. I managed to return my hard drive but because I bought it more than 7 days ago I could only get store credit. Apart from the fact that I now had to spend money, I wasn't that upset because I could buy some RAM. I wasn't sure exactly what kind of memory I have so I decided that the prudent move would be to go back home, check the memory that I have, and then return to get the right kind. I headed home a little miffed knowing that I would only have to return.

I had to meet my friend for our run. When I got home, I checked the memory and wrote it down on a piece of scrap paper. I put it into the pocket of my running jacket along with my credit card, credit note, tuque, and house key.

I went for a long run (12.5 km), and when I ended up on College, I decided to head back to the computer shop. I managed to pass another Home Hardware, but it, too, was closed. No matter; I knew that the place on Bloor would be open.

I ran to Spadina and bought my RAM. I headed north to Bloor and over to get my plaster. I got to the door, pulled, and nothing. They are closed on Sundays. I gave up on my plan to plaster today. It's just as well since I hate it so much.

I ran back home. I installed my RAM and had a lot of trouble putting it in. You really have to push very hard in order to get it into the slot properly. I've always believed that you shouldn't force things like that, but you really have to in order for it to click in. It worked and I do notice a difference in performance.

I remembered that I had put in a load of laundry in the dryer last night, and I headed down to the basement. What do I see in the corner? A large tub of pre-mixed plaster. After all the running around trying every Home Hardware in the neighbourhood, I had what I needed all along. I'm not sure if that makes me lucky, or just stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter