Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Last Minute

It has been a busy week. The house is on the market and I've been doing all the last minute things to get ready for the showings. Some of those jobs have been:

-chipping the snow and ice around the house.
-cleaning the back deck.
-raking the front yard.
-picking up a winter's worth of outside garbage that melted snow has revealed.
-cleaning eavestroughs.
-cutting up fallen branches.
-painting the basement bathroom.
-painting the main bathroom.
-cleaning the house.
-mopping all the floors.
-painting door jambs.

I think that despite the problems, the house looks pretty good. I hope that the work that I've done will make a difference and that it will sell quickly.

Yesterday was particularly nuts because I woke up late and decided that the best way to start my day was to play a game of Railway Tycoon. It was a dumb move considering how much stuff I had to do, but I did it anyway. I actually considered starting today off the same way, but decided that blogging was a much better use of my time.

I had noticed that fares to Iqaluit had been dropped for two days and I forwarded the email on to my girlfriend. At about 12:30 yesterday, she asked, "What are you doing now that the house is ready?" I thought about it and decided that there was no reason for me not to take advantage of the half-price fare and go back to the Arctic.

I am going to my father's house this weekend. He needed someone to drive him home from the hospital after a colonoscopy. I told him that I would. I realized that being there would save me having to take a flight from Toronto to Ottawa and so I've decided to head north on Tuesday morning. I won't be back until the 30th.

I booked a train using my Via Preference points and will be heading out of Toronto at 5:30. I won't be blogging for the weekend, but will try to blog while I'm in Iqaluit. After being sick and tired of being bored and tired, I'm excited about being back in the Arctic and know that it's going to be a rough weekend of waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter