Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Moving, Thumbnails, and Coughing

My sister, brother-in-law, and niece moved out yesterday. They bought a house in suburbia and are planning to spend the best years of their lives raising kids, commuting, and being boring. Yes, they'll have a yard and friendly neighbours of equal wealth and ambition and they might even have access to decent schools, but their local shopping stores are Home Depot, Walmart, Best Buy, and Costco with their local restaurant being the fast food joints that are attached to those stores.

I digress (My opinion of suburbia has been well documented here). So the house above me that was once occupied by them is now empty. That means that my plan for today is to run their cable TV down into the basement so that I can enjoy it for as long as I can before either they or the cable company realizes that it needs to be cancelled.

(Maybe I shouldn't have written that for the whole world to see, but the private is the new public and I doubt that anyone from said cable company would actually care enough to do anything about it.)

Besides, I woke up this morning with a cough. I had a scratchy throat all week and after nearly overdosing on vitamin C I had hoped that I had kicked the cold away before it had a chance to latch onto me.

Now, my throat feels like a mattress of fibreglass insulation and I'm in my sick-Sunday comfy clothes. My only plan is to play a free poker tournament as I try to help/pester Brian with the final aspects of creating my PEZ website by creating 500+ thumbnail images. When that's finished, I will read One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch and nap with impudence. I may or may not watch new cable TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter