Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

I've been staring at this blank screen for about 20 minutes now, and I still can't think of anything to write. I suppose that that's never stopped me before.

I drank way too much last night and am feeling like garbage today, plus I have a severe case of the stupids. It's days like today that make me want to swear off alcohol forever. In fact, I just might.

I did manage to watch War of the Worlds on Friday. What a bunch of crap. I dislike Hollywood endings as much as anyone, but I can take them if they make sense. This ending was ridiculous. His son was killed, period, and then he magically shows up at the end? Dumb. How did he manage to get there anyway? It was completely unexplained and was a real disappointment. The movie could have been fantastic, but it was ruined by the ending. Also, I don't know why I should care about the characters. They are all so unlikeable that a part of me was rooting for them to be killed. Sure they're unhappy, but a hero needs to have some redeeming qualities or else why would I care about them? The special effects were great, but this film needed much more script work, and a lot less executive interference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter