Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Friday Turnaround

I was a little bummed out yesterday.

I fell off the wagon a little and woke up at 9:30. After a week of waking up before 8, it felt like a real letdown. The biggest problem that I have is The Daily Show and The Colbert Report that are on one of my two channels from midnight to 1am. It's hard not to watch.

Anyway, yesterday I woke up late and did next to nothing all day. Thankfully, I cooked a good dinner (I've only been out to a restaurant once since my resolution and that was for a birthday dinner) and that started me on the road to recovery.

My health card was delivered, so I am legal within the health care system. That's a plus.

I found out that my brother in law didn't qualify for the poker bar finals, which was a real disappointment and a real piss off to him (he finished in 52nd and the top 50 go on). When I got there, though, I asked if he could play and they agreed. I gave him a call and he and I played at the same table. He was eliminated, but got a "nice face" qualification to the regional tournament on Sunday. I finished in 6th and also qualified. Again, good news.

In my hockey pool, I've been going head to head against my friend Ian, who slaughtered me the first week of the hockey season. I was down 3-2 heading into last night's games. As I was playing poker I noticed that the Bruins shutout the Senators which ticked me off since Ian has Raycroft on his team. It was nice to wake up this morning to find out that Raycroft rode the pine last night and Ian didn't get credit. I'm ahead 6 to 1 so far. I hope it lasts!

So things are looking up. I worked all day today, and the though they were restless I still had an enjoyable day.

Now it's Friday night. I have no plans and am game for just about anything. Perhaps another drunken entry at 3am? Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter