Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Schedules or Sleeping in, Who Loves Life More?

My sleep cycle is completely buggered. I've fallen into the lure of night guy who believes that the day is boring and staying up until four am is super cool.

I resisted for such a long time. I'd go to bed by midnight and wake up before 9 even though I didn't have anything to wake up for. Over the past couple of weeks, I've discovered that even with two channels, television is better at night. I knew nighttime tv was better than that daytime crap (except for all the game shows), but it's true without cable too.

There is something strangely compelling about staying awake when everyone else has to go to sleep. I love sleep as much as anyone, maybe even more, but I don't have to go to bed. I can sleep until 5:30 in the afternoon for no other reason than the fact that I can.

That said, I'm having a hard time working today and tomorrow. I was up at 7:00 this morning and it wasn't easy rolling my bones out of bed. I am completely caffeine free and have been for over a year. I couldn't ride the legal stimulant all morning, and luckily I didn't really need to. Not yet. Tomorrow may be a different story considering that it's 12:30am and I'm typing this entry. Blogging is also way more fun at night. Night guy wins again.

Fortunately, I don't have to be into work until 11:00 tomorrow. Ah, the life of the substitute teacher! The best part is, I finish at 3:30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter