Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Kareoke and Harpo

(This is my first drunken log entry so you must forgive any spelling or grammar mistakes.)

My cat, Harpo, who has been supremely neglected tonight is sittting on my lap biting my hand as I write this. I'm too drunk to really feel it right now. He wants to tell me how much he misses me , but even now I know that it's going to leave a mark come tomorrow when I can feel it.

I spent tonight doing all manner of things that I didn't expect. I watched the hockey game with Andrew, Colin, and Katherine and then I headed off to "The Groundhog Pub" of all places, to have some drinks with Jon and company.

The groundhog has kareoke which (I can't believe I spelled that right...which, not kareoke. That, I might have spelled wrong) totally sucks unless you're into kareoke or are significantly pissed.

I actually sang Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" tonight. The problem with kareoke is that everyone says that you are awesome even though you may suck some serious ass. I thought that I did okay, and everyone rocked out, but whether or not I was good will be up for history to decide. I smell record deal.

I waited and waited all night for "Twist and Shout". I thought that it would 'bring the house down', but it never got played. I was ready to rock out a la Ferris Bueller , but it didn't matter since I didn't get to 'bust a move' with it.

Still, it was a fun evening and "the groundhog" is a place that I might really want to go on my birthday. It's a fun joint and a place that I would die to see all my friends gettting hooked on the kareoke vibe.

Note: I doubt very highly that this post will see tomorrow evening since I will likely delete it when I wake up tomorrow morning (when I'm sober and intelligent again). All of you who see it, enjoy!

1 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'The problem with kareoke is that everyone says that you are awesome even though you may suck some serious ass'
this is maybe the greatest thing I have ever read on your blog.
jb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter