Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Impossible Questions and Murphy's Law

Well my traffic has continued to be much higher than normal. I'm really not sure why, but it seems that most visitors are linking into my post about googlebombing. Perhaps I'm on some techie website somewhere because a lot of my new visitors seem to be from Australia and the UK.

I also received this email which I thought was quite funny:

Hi
I saw your Web-Site on Blogger and I need help with a "Lexar" JumpDrive Stick; It was given to me and I want to know if I can keep all my stored data without no one been able to open my stick and see my data. Is there a password that I can use to keep my data secure? I hope I am not bothering you, I do not know much about computers or hardware. Hope to hear from you.
David

I can't answer your question since I can only guess that a Lexar JumpDrive stick is some kind of designer toothpick. How in the world would anyone think from reading my blog that I could answer a technical question? Thanks for visiting David, but any advice that I could give you in the computer tech department would be pure fabrication and would only screw things up.

After figuring out where to buy Civilizations 4 I spent most of my time trying to get the bastard to work on my computer. There is some technical snafu with the game and ATI video adapters, and of all the different brands of video adapters that one might have I, of course, have an ATI adapter.

The program crashed my screen and computer 6 times before I resigned to the fact that it wasn't an accident, and with that I began tinkering with my drivers and settings. I have managed to get things working alright but I think that I need to buy more RAM for my computer and to perhaps try a new video adapter. Isn't that always the way things go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter