Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

I Look Pretty Tall But My Heels Are High

That's right. Every time I have a post about subsitute teaching I'm going to title it with a line for the Who's "Substitute".

I was my old English teacher yesterday and today. It was a good gig. Pay was decent, there's no marking, no report cards, no extra-curricular, no meetings. I go in for the day, follow someone else's plan (and all their work) and then split at 3:30. I don't have to worry about anyone and I get my 9-5 job (okay, 9:30-3:30 but who's counting). Hey, I also get a free lunch.

No problems whatsoever on either day. It's was nice to be in the classroom again, and after the initial butterflies, I realized how much I've missed it.

Sadly, I'm no one of those people who feast on the misfortune of others. Like the ambulance chasing lawyers, funeral directors, or the human refuse who give parking tickets. I wait for someone to get sick, or have a death in the family. That said, I'm heading back tomorrow to fill in for someone whose mother is on her death bed with Cancer. I can't feel happy about that, but it means that I'll be busy.

1 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read an interesting article on it I would like to share with you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter