Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Heavy Traffic




















For the first 5 months of my blog's existence it's readership hovered at around 6 hits a day. I didn't even tell my friends about it at first, but they found it. It was nice to have them check in to see what I was up to and to see how I was doing.

On Wednesday, my counter broke 1000, and it now sits at 1181.

This is due in large part to the link that Chris placed on his sidebar. Suddenly I began receiving visitors from unusual places. It was nice to have a few more hits from across Canada and the US. I couldn't believe that anyone from Australia, New York, Spain, Chile or the UK could glean anything from reading about my socks, my mother's car accident, my getting frostbite while coaching girl's softball or any of the other mundane events of my day.

Then Chris linked directly to my page. Chris had always marvelled at the thump that my wallet made when I put it on a table, and the way I always leaned to one side when sitting.

So the number of visitors over the past couple of days has been at around 75 a day. I hope that they laughed at the ridiculous contents of my wallet and I hope that they decide to come back from time to time. Though I know that 75 hits a day for a blog like mine is unreasonable to expect, but it is, I must admit, nice to know that there are strangers out there reading my entries. Nice, and slightly unsettling.

1 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger Ross said...

Paulo Loves You.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter