Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Sigur Ros and the Great Allergy Drive

I've had a tiring couple of days after a tiring weekend.

Monday saw a hard day of work preparing for my interview. I hardly consider reading and writing work, but I managed to avoid playing NHL '06 and that's no small feat these days.

After my interview, I headed over to Massey Hall and the Sigur Ros concert. Arriving late, of course, we missed most of the opening band, Amina. From the crowd reaction and from what I did manage to see, it looked like we missed a good one. During the intermission, Chris was shocked when the queue for merchandise was longer than the queue for the bar. Probably another indication that we missed a good opener.

What can I say about the concert itself? I knew that it was going to be good, and I wasn't disappointed. It was a good mix of older songs from ( ) and Agaetis Byrjun. The highlight for me was Glosoli and I'm not ashamed to say that I've been playing it since and bouncing around my apartment in an unexplainable happy dance. Sigur Ros has the wall of sound down to a science and as tracks go, there isn't much better in my book than Glosoli. A beautiful song that makes me wish that I was a drummer.

Tuesday saw me drive to Ottawa. Seventy-five dollars worth of gas later, I am no futher ahead than I started. I was tested for 40 different commen allergens; all negative. She then gave me a heavier dose of 10 others and again all negative. The problem is that I still don't know what making me stuffy and sneezy, but at least I can continue sleeping with my feather duvet and pillows, and my cat, Harpo, can make his triumphant return. Yesterday, I managed to drive over 900 km, set off my parents house alarm, pick a giant bin of tomatoes, visit 4 Canadian Tire stores, and pass 7 (yes 7) OPP cruisers and not get a ticket.

No word yet about the job. My fingers and toes are still crossed. It's all the more important that I get this job since I received my rejection lettter from the Toronto District School Board today. I'm a little ticked off, but it's all beyond my control. My references fell through because the head of my old school board is on emergency sick leave. He either had a heart attack or has Cancer (it's something big) and isn't back at work this Fall. The secretary won't give him messages and I will never give the home number of a man recovering from Cancer to a school board. So they rejected me. I have no problems with that. I'm calling their bluff and I'm going "all in" on the private school gig.

Other than that things are going well. I fixed my sister's deck today, powerwashed the bird poop from the alley beside my apartment, ordered bird spikes for the alley (finally), won the Stanley Cup with the New York Islanders with only moderate chesting, played some poker with friends and managed to drink a whole bottle of Roussillon and win $20 on the night.

I'm hoping that the call comes tomorrow to wrap up an already decent week. Tomorrow I'm heading with Jon to the Lula Lounge to see Seu Jorge(in Portugese) in concert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter