Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

DCFC vs. Coldplay

Andrew badmouthed Coldplay on his blog, with a lot of comments that continued the debate.

I have no problem with Coldplay despite their, at times, simplistic lyrics. I stand by my decision to purchase the album, and I listen to it regularly. Perhaps, a guilty pleasure, but a pleasure nonetheless.

In the same vein, I've been listening to the new Death Cab For Cutie album, Plans. I can't make out whether I would categorize DCFC in the same group as Andrew's Coldplay, but I wonder if the inner music geek in me might also consider this album in the same "guilty pleasures" category.

There are a ton of reviews out there. The Onion and Pitchfork have their say, and I tend to agree that this album isn't as ambitious as previous work.

So, I set forth a challenge to you. If 102.1 The Edge can have their Interesting Survey I'll have my DCFC vs. Coldplay battle.

Regardles of the outcome, does anyone want to give me 2 tickets to their Toronto gig?

1 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I choose Death Cab! Long live Death Cab!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter