Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Thanks But No Thanks

I got the call today at 4:43 pm. I was in the car after a fruitless jaunt around the city. I knew after about 10 seconds that it wasn't my job. There was too much chitchat and trying to make me feel like I was an old friend.

My job went to someone else. I'm angry sure, but moreso it's the sting of rejection that hurts. This is the reason why I didn't ask girls out in high school.

I'm still a bit stunned that now I have to spend Monday morning on Workopolis and face writing cover letters stage again. I'm going to rationalize this by trying to convince myself that they wouldn't want anyone who works as hard as me on their staff because they wouldn't want everyone else to look bad. I'm going to say that some window has opened up for me somewhere. I'm going to say that I'll be making lemonade.

For now, I'm mixing that lemonade with lots of hard liquor.

1 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is always your novel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter