Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Back To The Job Search Monday

After a great weekend I slept 12 hours last night and woke up ready and raring to get back into the job search.

By ready and raring, I mean that I filed an EI report and applied for a Communications Coordinator job. Actually, I did find a maternity leave position at a small school downtown. It's for a grade 3 teacher, but I hesitate to even apply. What with the stifling need for male elementary school teachers, my degree in elementary education, and my three years of teaching experience; I fear that I am vastly overqualified.

So I decided to go to the grocery store. There I found the largest collection of the unhappy that I have seen outside of Todd Solondz movie. Crying children pacified with strawberry "flavoured" Fruit Roll-Ups, walker pushing grandmothers opening cereal boxes, the heavily manicured and made-up women shouting orders down aisles to their once-party-going Cincinnati Reds cap wearing boyfriends.

There isn't a better advertisement for birth control than visiting a grocery store on a Monday morning.

Still, I managed to navigate the poorly stocked shelves and spend $32+ dollars on a lot of stuff that I didn't really need. I know that the whole charade was just thinly veiled procrastination.

Now I'm back at my computer procrastinating again. I'm still working up the courage to face Workopolis again, but the tires still spinning accident that is Monster is, I think, still a few days away.

1 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter