Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Streak Is Over

A few months ago, I made a resolution to never get another traffic, speeding, or parking ticket for the rest of my life.

It was a lofty goal, but certainly one that I could achieve, and one to which I should be striving. Alas, it ended yesterday.

I hate this city for parking tickets. I've come to realize that you can't just zip into a store "for just three minutes" because if you do and you don't pay for parking, you'll get a ticket. I've learned my lesson and my dashboard is stacked high with parking slips. Never again will I try to get away with it. For 25 cents I save myself the chest pain and long-term health damage; I just don't risk it anymore.

What ticks me off the most is the residential side-of-the-street rotation that takes place on the first and fifteenth of every month.

For some reason, every time I need to move my car, I always forget. It's not like I'm spending a lazy morning sleeping in; I'm not having crazy morning sex. It's always a regular day when I'm up earlier than I'd like to be. I wander into the bathroom, then to the kitchen, then the computer. I proceed to "work" (read: do nothing) for the morning, until the mailperson comes at one o'clock.

It is then that I see my car sitting lonely in the street. I always have to do a double take because I swear I didn't leave it there on the wrong side of the street. Then it hits me that it was the "night of the great switcheroo" (patent pending) and I'm going to have a $30 ticket under my wiper and a thundercloud over my head for the rest of the day.


(Note: Blogger spell check does not like the word "mailperson" and suggests that I change it to "mulberries".)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter