Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Monday, December 12, 2005

The Big "C"?

During my sister's pregnancy, she developed a lump on her neck. After her baby was delivered, doctors investigated the lump, and discovered that it was a growth on her thyroid.

Last week she had a biopsy done, and today she received a phone call informing her that it is indeed a tumour.

We aren't sure right now if it is benign or malignant, but she has been referred to a surgeon and is having the tumour removed as soon as possible.

I don't have much to say other than my obvious concern for my sister, and my horror to discover that 1 in 4 people in industrialized countries will develop Cancer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter