Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Working Day

I spent the day today creating my PEZ website.

Over the past few weeks, I have:

a) Done an inventory of all my PEZ dispensers including creating a spreadsheet that includes: name of dispenser, total number in stock, the series, stem colour, the packaging, the direction in which the dispenser is facing in the package, patent number, and location in storage boxes (so that I can find it again). I have 494 different variations and 996 total dispensers. They are contained within 26 boxes.

b) I took pictures of all my dispensers for sale.

c) I cropped and photoshopped all pictures. I have over 550 pictures total.

d) I found a reasonably priced host for the pictures, and I uploaded all images.

e) I added image links to all "names" within my spreadsheet.

After thinking about how I was going to create a webpage for my dispensers, I finally sat down today and started it. It is especially difficult for me since I don't know how to create pages with HTML. I'm figuring it out as I go along, but needless to say things took a while to get started. It's not going to look very fancy, but it will be enough.

I worked for 7 hours today, and though I did manage to get a lot done, I still have a ton more to go. It'll be fine, but I expect that I'll be busy for the next couple of days, at least. I'll post a link when I'm done.

1 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can show you a quick way to generate dynamic webpages from that spreadsheet if you want. You don't have to make a new page for each dispenser. We could just create a template and have the website pull the data from the spreadsheet. Send me an email if you're interested.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter