Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Detour

There has been a slight change of plan.

I donated platelets yesterday as expected. I discovered that they were on their way to Princess Margaret's hospital. It made me feel good to know that I was helping someone who had a tough case of Cancer.

Anyway, I ate lunch and called my sister. It turned out that she didn't need the stone and so I decided to just head to my Dad's instead of waiting around. I arrived at his house at about 6:30.

I got a call at about 9:00 about the upstairs apartment. The radiators were still on and it was hot in the apartment. I tried to deal with it as well as possible from 400 km away, but decided that the easiest thing would be to just head back.

I left this morning at 7:00 and arrived back in Toronto at 11:30. I called the heating company, but they weren't able to come and look at things until Tuesday. I couldn't just leave it until then so I turned off the furnace fuse and it appears as though the rads are cooling. I will leave things until Tuesday when the repairman will reinstall the adjustable thermostats on the upstairs rads.

I noticed that the air conditioner had been turned on and I felt the vents to see if it was working. I couldn't feel any cold air so I went outside to look at the machine and, sure enough, it was frozen up. I went back inside, turned it off to thaw and called the repairman to come and do a spring cleaning. He's supposed to arrive between 7 and 8 to fix it.

So I'm here until tomorrow night because my Dad's dog is supposed to get a haircut on Friday. He is working on Thursday morning and doesn't want to leave her in the car or drive home to pick her up before he heads to Toronto for a reunion that evening. I'm in charge of the dog until Thursday evening and then will be on my way to the farm so that I can go to a doctor's appointment on Friday morning.

I don't really see the point in making plans since everything just gets screwed up anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter