Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Snowed In

The blizzard hit yesterday at noon. There was no announcement on the radio, so all the kids came back for 1:05 and the school closed at 1:10. I had to call parents to come and pick their children up. I didn't get home until about 2:00 which was fine since I was still paid until 3:40. The kids were very upset about not being able to go swimming, but I was very relieved that I didn't have to fill three hours yesterday afternoon with students who were not happy.

I was scheduled to work today, and they wanted to book me everyday until the middle of next week. I told them that I was heading back to Toronto on Friday (which is true), they booked me until Thursday. I was especially happy to be booked for today because the blizzard was supposed to last until lunchtime. That would mean a morning off with pay.

Indeed, the storm lasted all night and schools were in fact closed for the morning. We were asked to listen to the local radio for opening announcements at 12:00. It's actually beautiful outside and I was all set to go in for the afternoon, but apparently the road crews haven't been out and so the roads are still impassable.

So the announcement has just come on the radio. Everything seems to be reopening this afternoon. Wait...! The schools are closed! I guess they don't want to send the buses out. That means that I'll be paid for the whole day and haven't done anything. Wing Night is going to be extra great today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter